Thursday, March 24, 2011

Must Love... NYC Ballerina Project

Black Swan swept us all into the complex world of ballet, had us on the edge of our seats at the slow demise of Nina, and nearly in tears at how beautifully the dancers moved across the stage. No one was more pleased with Natalie Portman’s Oscar win than me.

You see, I’m a ballet fan from way back. I even did a couple of classes as a three year old. But it was watching Centre Stage and Save the Last Dance over and over again during my teenage years that had me hooked. And when the Queensland Ballet Academy came to Townsville to perform Swan Lake, I jumped at the chance and dragged Shark along to watch the graceful dancers glide across the stage, in their effortlessly breathtaking way.

So obviously I started to hyperventilate a little when I came across Dane Shitagi’s New York City Ballerina Project. “[The] project grew from the idea of New York City as a magnet for creativity; each photograph is a collaborative work of dance, fashion design and photography played out against the city’s landscape.”

And I do love a good collaboration.











Popcorn x

No comments:

Post a Comment